Alexandre Fonseca Torres, Ph.D
OpusWorks Institute Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Instructor and Mentor
Through service to companies like Amazon, Cargill and others - plus learning about leadership, time discipline and soft-skills from his OpusWorks Institute colleagues -- Alex is a transformed instructor. Though always dedicated to excellence, Alex's mindset is now completely different. Before OpusWorks, he was anchored in a teacher-as-instructor model that in hindsight, he realizes, fostered student passivity. Today, his students are actively involved and fully engaged because he is a facilitator-as-instructor enthusiast ... and he's never going back.
Alex's critical-to-quality measure, as an instructor, is the quality and frequency of "aha" learning moments. Such moments occur when students possess the core knowledge and are wrestling with ral world application. With OpusWorks blended learning - OpusWorks e-Learning transfers the core knowledge (Alex is "100% convinced" that it is the superior way) and OpusWorks class materials built on defined learning objectives that promote real-world application -- Alex can unleash class energy and creativity to inspire exceptional moments that are even more impactful because of Alex's use of metaphor, humor, and experience.
Alex’s top tips for OpusWorks Institute students are:
- Make a detailed schedule for completing pre-work, on time, so you are fully prepared for class. Review specifics with your boss so they commit to support you.
- Take the training and do your project, simultaneously. For instance, after you do a Charter in class, do it with your Project.
- Commit to continuous learning. To enhance your hard and soft skills, these readings should be on your shortlist:
- The Machine that Changed the World (Womack, J.P., Jones, D.T., Ross, D.)
- The Goal (Goldratt, E.M., Cox, J.)
- How to Make Friends and Influence People (Carnegie, D.)
For deployment leaders and sponsors, Alex requests that you:
- Affirm the rigor of the course. Review your student's detailed schedule. Help them stay on track.
- Query your students about project specifics. Clarify as appropriate.
- Assure students of their project's importance to the organization. Promptly respond to questions and requests for support.
To get acquainted with Alex, and meet our team of OpusWorks Institute expert instructors, click here.